Welcome to my blog, Henry.
- What genre do you write or do you write more than one?
I mainly write science fiction and fantasy.
2. Why did you choose this genre?
I think it chose me! W hen I’m writing I’m not too constrained by thinking I’m working in a specific genre. I don’t consider genre when I buy a book -I ask, “would I enjoy reading it?” Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol” is a supernatural fantasy story but that doesn’t make it any less profound. Sci fi is as good a place as any to explore life.
3. What is your latest book?
“The Mouth” is my first novel. I’m very excited it’s being published.
4. When is it released?
It was released September, 2016.
5. Who is your target audience?
Everyone! I hope it appeals to adults and young adults who enjoy adventure.
6. What do you hope your readers learn from/like about your work?4.
I think any art, no matter how humble, has to be about something or it won’t engage the reader. “The Mouth” explores issues like the effects of trauma and the misuse of science. Ultimately though I hope it works as an entertaining adventure story.
7. Tell us a bit about yourself?
I’m an English graduate and former journalist. I’ve always wanted to write fiction. I had cancer recently, from which I’m now in complete remission, and it spurred me into action..
8. Do you belong to a writing circle/group?
I correspond with quite a few writers online.
9. If so, what do you like about being in the group?
I like the camaraderie and sharing experiences.
10. Do you have any new stories on the go?
I’m currently a few thousand words into an urban fantasy about dark secrets in a strange town.
-Thanks to author and artist Maighread MacKay!
Find her at: http://mhefferman.ca/author/my-blog